Posts tagged Jayne
Posts tagged Jayne
Why didn’t anyone make this sooner? I hate when people only use the word “said” in stories.
BLESS YOUR COW
BLESS THIS POST.
CAN I MARRY A POST?
WHO EVER MADE THIS I LOVE YOU!
BLESS YOU. BLESS YOU, YOUR HOUSE, YOUR CAR, YOUR KIDS, YOUR BIKE, YOUR TOWN! WHOEVER MADE THIS, YOU ARE INCREDIBLE.
THE 100+ QUESTIONS
Welcome to over one hundred of the dumbest questions about your character. These are things that, if someone were to ask you in real life, you could answer without giving it any thought whatsoever. Most characters, however, can’t answer this because authors never think about it - it’s unimportant. Well, these things are going to help you define you character more.
Some tips: Answer these in character, but only in a situation where your character would be 100% honest with themselves and with the person asking the question. Otherwise, answer as an author, and still be 100% honest.
1. What about you is heroic?
2. What about you is social? What do you like about people?
3. Of what benefit could you be to the current group?
4. Why would you choose to join the current group?
5. Invent an adventure/plot that your character would actively undertake (as opposed to just tagging along)?
1. What is your real, birth name? What name do you use?
2. Do you have a nickname? What is it, and where did you get it?
3. What do you look like? (Include height, weight, hair, eyes, skin, apparent age, and distinguishing features)
4. How do you dress most of the time?
5. How do you “dress up?”
6. How do you “dress down?”
7. What do you wear when you go to sleep?
8. Do you wear any jewelry?
9. In your opinion, what is your best feature?
10. What’s your real birth date?
11. Where do you live? Describe it: Is it messy, neat, avant-garde, sparse, etc.?
12. Do you own a car? Describe it.
13. What is your most prized mundane possession? Why do you value it so much?
14. What one word best describes you?
1. What was your family like?
2. Who was your father, and what was he like?
3. Who was your mother, and what was she like?
4. What was your parents marriage like? Were they married? Did they remain married?
5. What were your siblings names? What were they like?
6. What’s the worst thing one of your siblings ever did to you? What’s the worst thing you’ve done to one of your siblings?
7. When’s the last time you saw any member of your family? Where are they now?
8. Did you ever meet any other family members? Who were they? What did you think of them?
1. What is your first memory?
2. What was your favorite toy?
3. What was your favorite game?
4. Any non-family member adults stick out in your mind? Who were they, and how did you know them? Why do they stick out?
5. Who was your best friend when you were growing up?
6. What is your fondest, childhood memory?
7. What is your worst childhood memory?
1. How old were you when you went on your first date?
2. It is common for one’s view of authority to develop in their adolescent years. What is your view of authority, and what event most affected it?
3. What were you like in high school? What “clique” did you best fit in with?
4. What were your high school goals?
5. Who was your idol when you were growing up? Who did you first fantasize about in your life?
6. What is your favorite memory from adolescence?
7. What is your worst memory from adolescence?
1. Do you have a job? What is it? Do you like it? If no job, where does your money come from?
2. What is your boss or employer like? (Or publisher, or agent, or whatever.)
3. What are your co-workers like? Do you get along with them? Any in particular? Which ones don’t you get along with?
4. What is something you had to learn that you hated?
5. Do you tend to save or spend your money? Why?
Likes & Dislikes Questions
1. What hobbies do you have?
2. Who is your closest mundane friend? Describe them and how you relate to them.
3. Who is your worst mundane enemy? Describe them and why you don’t get along.
4. What bands do you like? Do you even pay attention?
5. What tape or CD hasn’t left your player since your purchased it? Why?
6. What song is “your song?” Why?
7. What’s been your favorite movie of all time?
8. Read any good books? What were they?
9. What do you watch on the Television?
10. When it comes to mundane politics, do you care? If so, which way do you tend to vote? If not, why don’t you care?
11. What type of places do you hang out in with your mundane friends?
12. What type of places do you hang out in with your normal friends?
13. What annoys you more than anything else?
14. What would be the perfect gift for you?
15. What’s the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?
16. What time of day is your favorite?
17. What kind of weather is your favorite?
18. What is your favorite food? What is your least favorite food?
19. What is your favorite drink? (Coffee, Coke, Juice, Beer, Wine, etc.)
20. What’s your favorite animal? Why?
21. Do you have any pets? Do you want any pets? What kind?
22. What do you find most relaxing? (Not as in stress relief, but as something that actually calms you down.)
23. What habit that others have annoys you most?
24. What kind of things embarrass you? Why?
25. What don’t you like about yourself?
26. How would you like to look?
Sex & Intimacy Questions
1. Would you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else? Why?
2. Who was the first person you had sex with? When did it happen? What was it like? How well did it go?
3. Have you ever had a same-sex experience? Who with, what was it like, and how did it go?
4. What is your deepest, most well-hidden sexual fantasy? Would you ever try it?
5. What was the wildest thing you’ve ever done, sexually? Who was it with and when did it happen?
6. Is there any sexual activity that you enjoy and/or practice regularly that can be considered non-standard? (Bondage, Fantasy Play, etc.) Why do you like it?
7. Is there any sexual activity that you will not, under any circumstances, do?
8. Do you currently have a lover? What is their name, and what is your relationship like? What are they like? Why are you attracted to them?
9. What is the perfect romantic date?
10. Describe the perfect romantic partner for you.
11. Do you ever want to get married and have children? When do you see this happening?
12. What is more important - sex or intimacy? Why?
13. What was your most recent relationship like? Who was it with? (Does not need to be sexual, merely romantic.)
14. What’s the worst thing you’ve done to someone you loved?
Drug & Alcohol Questions
1. How old were you when you first got drunk? What was the experience like?
Did anything good come out of it? Did anything bad come out of it?
2. Do you drink on any kind of regular basis?
3. What kind of alcohol do you prefer?
4. Have you ever tried any other kind of “mood altering” substance? Which one(s)? What did you think of each?
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Are there any people should not do? Why or why not?
1. What one act in your past are you most ashamed of? What one act in your past are you most proud of?
2. Have you ever been in an argument before? Over what, with who, and who won?
3. Have you ever been in a physical fight before? Over what, with who, and who won?
4. What do you feel most strongly about?
5. What do you pretend to feel strongly about, just to impress people?
6. What trait do you find most admirable, and how often do you find it?
7. Is there anything you think should not be incorporated into the media or art (sex, violence, greed, etc.,)? If so, what and why, and if not, why not?
8. Do you have any feelings in general that you are disturbed by? What are they? Why do they disturb you?
9. What is your religious view of things? What religion, if any, do you call your own?
10. Do you think the future is hopeful? Why?
11. Is an ounce of prevention really worth a pound of cure? Which is more valuable? Why do you feel this way?
12. What’s the worst thing that can be done to another person? Why?
13. What’s the worst thing you could actually do to someone you hated?
14. Are you a better leader or follower? Why do you think that? If you think the whole leader-follower archetype is a crock of shit, say so, and explain why?
15. What is your responsibility to the world, if any? Why do you think that?
16. Do you think redemption is possible? If so, can anyone be redeemed, or are there only certain circumstances that can be? If not, why do you think nothing can redeem itself?
17. Is it okay for you to cry? When was the last time you cried?
18. What do you think is wrong with MOST people, overall?
Post-Supernatural Awareness Questions
1. When did you go through whatever made you supernatural? What was it like (in your opinion)?
2. What do you think now of being supernatural? Is it cool, or have you been screwed?
3. Do you have a mentor? Who are they? How did you become their student?
4. Do you have any magical items? Where did you get them?
5. What do you think of the other denizens of the World of Darkness? Why for each? (If you haven’t met something, do you think it exists, and if it does, is that bad or good?)
6. Think of a major event that happened during your training/initiation. What was it?
7. What is something you had to learn during your training that you hated? Why did you hate it?
1. What is the thing that has frightened you most? Do you think there is anything out there that’s scarier than that? What do you think that would be?
2. Has anyone or anything you’ve ever cared about died? How did you feel about it? What happened?
3. What was the worst injury you’ve ever received? How did it happen?
4. How ticklish are you? Where are you ticklish?
5. What is your current long term goal?
6. What is your current short term goal?
7. Do you have any bad habits? If so, what are they, and do you plan to get rid of them?
8. If you were a mundane person, what would you do with your life? What occupation would you want, and how would you spend all your time?
9. What time period do you wish you had lived in? Why? (Looking at this as an attempt to change history doesn’t count.) What appeals to you about this era?
10. How private of a person are you? Why?
11. If you were to gain an obscenely large sum of money (via an inhertiance, a lawsuit, a lottery, or anything else) what would you do with it?
12. What would you wish for if you found a genie?
13. What do you do when you are bored?
14. What is the most frightening potential handicap or disfigurement you can conceive of? What makes it so frightening?
Pick a favorite character, or a mysterious character, or one that’s being unlovable, and spend some quality time with them:
1.) Describe your character’s relationship with their mother or their father, or both. Was it good? Bad? Were they spoiled rotten, ignored? Do they still get along now, or no?
2.) What are your characters most prominent physical features?
3.) Name one scar your character has, and tell us where it came from. If they don’t have any, is there a reason?
4.) How vain is your character? Do they find themselves attractive?
5.) What’s your character’s ranking on the KINSEY SCALE?
6.) Describe your character’s happiest memory.
7.) Is there one event or happening your character would like to erase from their past? Why?
8.) Day of Favorites! What’s your character’s favorite ice cream flavor? Color? Song? Flower?
9.) Who does your character trust?
10.) Can you define a turning point in your character’s life? Multiples are acceptable.
11.) Is there an animal you equate with your character?
12.) How is your character with technology? Super savvy, or way behind the times? Letters or email?
13.) What does your character’s bed look like when he/she wakes up? Are the covers off on one side of the bed, are they all curled around a pillow, sprawled everywhere? In what position might they sleep?
14.) How does your character react to temperature changes such as extreme heat and cold?
15.) Is your character an early morning bird or a night owl?
16.) Are there any blood relatives that your character is particularly close with, besides the immediate ones? Cousins, Uncles, Grandfathers, Aunts, et cetera. Are there any others that your character practically considers a blood relative?
17.) What’s your character’s desk/workspace look like? Are they neat or messy?
18.) Is your character a good cook? What’s their favorite recipe, whether they’re good or not? (Microwave mac-and-cheese applies.)
19.) What’s your character’s preferred means of travel?
20.) Does your character have any irrational fears?
21.) What would your character’s CUTIE MARK be?
22.) If your character could time travel, where would they go?
23.) Is your character superstitious?
24.) What might your character’s ideal romantic partner be?
25.) Describe your character’s hands. Are they small, long, calloused, smooth, stubby?
26.) Second day of favorites! Favorite comfort food, favorite vice, favorite outfit, favorite hot drink, favorite time of year, and favorite holiday.
27.) Pick two songs that describe your character at two different points of their life, and explain why you chose them.
28.) If your character’s life was a genre, what would it be?
29.) How does your character smell? Do they wear perfume or cologne?
30.) And finally: Write a letter to your character, from yourself.
Character: Jayne Najeem (Note: Jayne is gender-fluid and as such I may refer to hir as hir, zie, she, he, her, or him. Note the second: Jayne is not a fully developed character.)
1.) Jayne has a very good relationship with hir parents. She wasn’t spoiled, but he was raised in a very accepting household. Hir mother was the bread-winner in the family and worked as a doctor. Hir father was a stay-at-home dad/writer and hir primary playmates were Pokemon. While Jayne rarely visits home these days (she’s very busy with hir own life and saving the world. Zie calls though.
2.) Jayne’s most prominent physical features would be hir long corn-rows and wide grin. In areas outside of hir home-country, hir ebony skin is considered her most prominent feature.
3.) Jayne has a scar on hir shin from falling out of a tree when she was younger. She slipped off a branch and broke her leg when she hit the ground. The scar is from the bone pushing out of her skin. (may change with further characterization)
4.) Jayne doesn’t think of attraction much at all - zie is demisexual at the most and is largely uninterested in sex. However, she is proud of his muscles and body definition, as she worked very hard to gain and maintain them.
5.) Jayne belongs in the X category, as she is largely asexual. However, if you go by romantic attraction she is a solid 3, as he is biromantic.
6.) Jayne’s happiest memory in his story so far would be the day she left home, as it meant her adventure was finally going to begin.
7.) If Jayne could erase one event from her life, it would be the day she forced Denzel to battle. He hadn’t known just how triggering the mere thought of battle was to her, let alone the trauma the battle would resurface in her friend.
8.) Jayne’s favorite ice-cream flavor is Razz-Berry Blitz, favorite color is orange, favorite flower is bellasom’s twirl, favorite food is steak and sadza with tamato salsa.
9.) Jayne trusts Denzel and her team with everything.
10.) A defining moment in Jayne’s life would be when she allowed herself to be passively possessed by R. in order to help save the world. Another moment would be when she met Denzel. A third would be when she finally saved Maxie and got him to accept her friendship.
11.) I equate Jayne with the Hyena. In her world, I associate her with the Mightyena.
12.) Jayne is very much a retro-girl, preferring letters and the outdoors to email and internet. She loves to be outside and do things by hand, including building shelters and sleeping under-the-stars. She isn’t awful with technology, but she’s not especially savvy. She’s able to do what she needs - send emails, call people, use a Pokedex/Pokenav and that’s about it.
13.) Jayne sleeps sprawled out and wild, moving about actively as she dreams. When he wakes up her blankets are often sprawled about hir legs. Once zie leaves home she often finds himself (And her sleeping bag) several feet away from where she originally went to bed.
14.) Jayne loves the heat and despises to cold, making it very fortunate that Hoenn has a largely tropical/hot/desert climate. Zie bundles up in extra layers and tends to get very eager to get to warmth, though hir overall battle-ready playful nature means she often freezes in snowball fights he couldn’t turn down.
15.) Jayne is an early riser and is early to bed. When zie doesn’t get enough sleep she’s extremely grumpy until he gets some sugar/enough time to get over it.
16.) Jayne is extremely close to hir grandfather, Najeem Rahad. Zie also considers Denzel to be family.
17.) Jayne’s desk at home is very messy and full of things.
18.) Jayne is a passable cook and is very good at finding indigenous plants and roots for Denzel to cook. Her best dish is sadza.
20.) Jayne is afraid of deep-sea diving.
21.) Jayne’s cutie mark would be…hmmm…Probably a compass or other sign of adventure.
22.) If Jayne could time-travel, she would go back and bring Young!Denzel to her own house, to save her friend. He would also go back to the day Maxie and Archie stumbled on the Cave of Plot Device.
23.) Yes. Jayne (and Denzel) are both very spiritual, though Jayne is more out of belief and respect for the old ways and Denzel is more of fear of what’s out there.
24.) Jayne’s ideal romantic partner would be someone zie could rely on and who could trust her to always come back. Someone she could lean on and who would let him defend them.
25.) Jayne has mid-sized hands that are rough with calluses from climbing and exploring. Her fingers are long and his nails are always kept short and somewhat ragged from climbing.
26.) Favorite comfort food - Sadza, favorite vice - Razz berry icecream on top of a slice of cheesecake, favorite outfit - overalls and a green/red/or blue t-shirt, favorite hot drink - Mixed berry tea, favorite time of year - Spring, and favorite holiday - Osun Osogbo Festival.
27.) Uh….I suck at this. I’ll get back to you.
29.) Very earthy. She’s always running around, climbing trees, and exploring so he smells like growing things and earth.
The world is at your fingertips. Hold tight to your friends and your dreams, step off the path, and go.